17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?
NOTE: These verses are from the King James Holy Bible
17. He knew their thoughts, so he said, “Any kingdom at war with itself is doomed. A divided home is also doomed.
18. You say I am empowered by the prince of demons.* But if Satan is fighting against himself by empowering me to cast out his demons, how can his kingdom survive?
19. And if I am empowered by the prince of demons, what about your own followers? They cast out demons, too, so they will judge you for what you have said.
20. But if I am casting out demons by the power of God, then the Kingdom of God has arrived among you.
21. For when Satan,* who is completely armed, guards his palace, it is safe-
22. Until someone who is stronger attacks and overpowers him, strips him of his weapons, and carries off his belongings.
23. “Anyone who isn’t helping me opposes me, and anyone who isn’t working with me is actually working against me.
24. “When an evil spirit leaves a person, it goes into the desert, searching for rest. But when it finds none, it says, ‘I will return to the person I came from.’
NOTE: These verses are from the Kids Application Bible.