1. The transgressions of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.
2. For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful.
3. The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good.
4. He deviseth mischief upon his bed; he setteth himself in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not evil.
5. Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.
Note: These verses are from the Kings James Holy Bible
- Sin lurks deep in the hearts of the wicked, forever urging them on to evil deeds. They have no fear of God to hold them back.
- Instead, in their conceit, they think they can hide their evil deeds and not get caught.
- Everything they say is crooked and deceitful; they are no longer wise and good.
- They lie awake at night to hatch their evil plots instead of planning how to keep away from wrong.
- Your steadfast love, O Lord, is as great as all the heavens. Your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.
Note: These verses are from the Kids Application Bible