Remind your people to obey the government and its officers, and always to be obedient and ready for any honest work. They must not speak evil of anyone, nor quarrel, but be gentle and truly courteous to all. Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient; we were misled by others and became slaves to many evil pleasures and wicked desires. Our lives were full of resentment and envy. We hated others and they hated us.
But when the time came for kindness and love of God our Savior to appear, then he saved us–not because we were good enough to be saved but because of his kindness and pity–by washing away our sins and giving us the new joy of the indwelling Holy Spirit,
NOTE: the verse is from THE KIDS APPLICATION BIBLE
- Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
- To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
- For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
- But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
- Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
NOTE: the verse is from the KING JAMES HOLY BIBLE