15. Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16. For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17. And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
20. And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
NOTE: These verses are from the King James Holy Bible
15. Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation.”
16. Christ is the one through whom God created everything in heaven and earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see-kings, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities. Everything has been created through him and for him.
17. He existed before everything else began, and he holds all creation together.
18. Christ is the head of the church, which is his body. He is the first of all who will rise from the dead,* so he is first in everything.
19. For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ,
20. And by him God reconciled everything to himself. He made peace with everything heaven and one earth by means of his blood on the cross.