Before anything else existed, there was Christ, with God. He has always been alive and is himself God. He created everything there is–nothing exists that he didn’t make. Eternal life is in him, and this life gives light to al mankind. His life is the light that shines through the darkness-and the darkness can never extinguish it.
God sent John the Baptist as witness to the fact that Jesus Christ is the true Light. John himself was not the Light; he was only a witness to identify it. Later on, the one who is the true Light arrived to shine on everyone coming into the world.
But although he made the world, the world didn’t recognize him when he came. Even in his own land and among his own people, the Jews, he was not accepted, Only a few would welcome and receive him. But to all who received him. he gave the right to become children of God. All they needed to do was to trust him to save them.
NOTE: These verse are from THE KIDS APPLICATION BIBLE
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- The same was in the beginning with God.
- All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
- In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
- There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
- The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
- He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
- That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
- He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
- He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
- But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
NOTE: These verses are from the KINGS JAMES HOLY BIBLE